Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 2012 - Woodward, Kevin & Tammy & Family

Dear Family:

We each enjoyed the benefit of one additional day during the month of February, a phenomenon which coincides with the year in which we have a presidential election. It is also an additional day for which every Melchizedek Priesthood leader or Relief Society president in the church could take credit as having provided their organization for purposes of completing home and visiting teaching. I can hardly wait to see the February spike in visits accomplished when the stake’s 1st Quarter results become available.

A thorough analysis of my historical business travel trends of the past several years suggests that I participate in an out-of-town “boondoggle” about every six weeks. February was true to form. I enjoyed a three-day, all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. I won this trip by offering my labor at one of Lockheed Martin's east coast offices. Of course this required that I venture outside of our garage door and commence to dig a path through the snow which we recently experienced, so that I could drive to the airport. I didn’t have the luxury of waiting around for those warm Chinook (snow-eater) winds coming off of the Rockies to clear the driveway and sidewalks for me.




During this past month I had a chance to enjoy a private, 75-minute luncheon with the mayor of Colorado Springs. I wouldn't want anyone to mistakenly believe that he sought me out to ask my opinion regarding the state of the city. I readily acknowledge that I initiated the gathering to see how the Church could be of greater service to the city. It was a very enjoyable and productive meeting.

We’re looking forward to the month of March. And in the words of Adam, “that is all for now.”

Love,

The Woodwards

No comments: