Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 2012 - Cannon, Aaron & Mindy & Family

Dear Family and Grandpa:

You would think that facebook banter would soon take the place of the newswire but alas....I hear grandpa has forgotten his password so we must continue to rely on archaic means of passing information. The month of February has seen the start of baseball season in the Cannon home. Jakob is coming off his first ever all star season and expectations are unrealistically high. This will be the first season of "kid pitch" whereas in seasons past he has been hitting off a pitching machine. Mindy and I are alllllll ready for 3 hour 2 inning games with 2342334 walks and 2343235 runs.

Hannah will be starting tee ball this month as well. She has been ready for this for at least 3 years. Finally she is on the road to earning her keep.

Mindy continues to co-chair the bake sale where the Loma Portal Bake Sale committee finds itself in a pitched battle with Michelle Obama over bake sale regulations. That's right fellow communists....the feds are trying to shut down the bake sale. Why you ask? Because they can't regulate what comes out of mama's kitchen and therefore have decided that the most sound and courageous course of action is immediately closure. How will the school continue to pay for it's music program, physical education program, and librarian you ask? Michelle is gonna cut us a check.....I'm sure.

What am I doing you ask? Good question. I took the opportunity this last weekend to run the "tough mudder" event here in southern california. This was a 12 mile military grade obstacle course complete with electrified obstacles that send 10k volts coursing through your brain if you are unlucky enough to come in contact with the random live wire. Also included are "monkey bars" that are covered in grease and twist, a swim through ice water (as in ice.....and water) jumping off stuff, crawling through.....stuff...and other various and sundry goodies. I recommend going on over to the website and checking it out. Other than that...exactly.

No comments: