Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 2012 - Ekins, Justin & Emily


January was an exciting month. Justin traveled with his classmates to San Francisco to meet with tech company executives and learn more about the tech businesses. Then he went to Chennai, India for a school project to help a hotel in the city offer a new service.

 I continue working my three jobs: polling director at Reason, finishing my dissertation in poli sci at UCLA, and doing research at the Cato Institute. Hopefully my co-authored paper with Mark Calabria on credit rating agencies and their regulatory environment will be published this month. If you're interested in some of the national polls I've conducted at Reason, visit reason.com/poll. I'm also starting to cover the presidential election for them with blog posts every few days at reason.com. Justin, Rocco, and I are loving Boston. Living on campus is very fun and social, and the students and their families here are great.

Justin & Emily Ekins




Justin and I went to Plymouth Rock and visited Plimouth Plantation. This is a recreated village of those who traveled on the Mayflower and settled in Plymouth.


Justin is his section's toastmaster, and thus officially gives toasts at class events. This picture is of his holiday toast and with a glass full of ice water.


We obtained a pet Santa outfit at a white elephant Christmas party. He loved the outfit, seriously! and purred the whole time he wore it.



No comments: